So, I’m a little late getting this done but at the start of February this year, the lovely Heather Lee of www.theheatherlee.com nominated me for a 2017 Liebster Award. Thank you so much for nominating me Heather!
Heather’s blog is stunning and she covers beauty, fashion, lifestyle and travel. She has some wonderful posts on beauty, like this Selena Gomez inspired Make up Look in which she includes this video on how she achieved it. Definitely go check her blog out and her Youtube channel too.
If you don’t know what the Liebster Award is then let me give you a very brief explanation.
The Liebster Award originated a number of years ago, around 2011 and is awarded to bloggers by other bloggers.
The idea is to have some fun with it and support and promote other blogs in the process.
If you are nominated then here are the rules for 2017:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2017 Liebster Award.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link by to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments below so I can view your post and check out your blog. I personally visit each and every one. I visited a few hundred last year!!
The official rules seem to vary, so I incorporated the rules above and the random questions. Feel free to do either or both like I have. There’s no hard and fast rules, really.
One of my favourite blogs belongs to Corinne of www.skinnedcartree.com.
When I first started blogging this was a blog I was so grateful to come across. Her posts are honest, informative and useful. She has loads of invaluable information on her blog. Honestly, even if you are a seasoned blogger you will probably still find useful tips and info on there.
I really appreciate her candour about everything. It’s rare to come across these days. I like her writing style and her personality really does shine through her posts. You really get a feel for the kind of person she is and what she is all about.
One thing she is not, is a cookie cutter blogger. Corrine is definitely one of a kind.
She is also an endless font of knowledge when it comes to blogging and social media. I love that she shares her knowledge that she has learned from her own blogging experience with her readers.
If you are a new blogger, or even if you are not, definitely check out her Blogger Resources.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I don’t drink tea or coffee
- I have a 2 yr old granddaughter
- I’m housebound & mostly bed bound and have a carer
- My carer is my now, very gay husband. We live together but are not ‘together’ – obviously. It might be weird to some but it works
- I’m a massive Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan and was a former admin & helped create www.buffy-boards.com which is still going strong today
- I have never learnt to drive
- The closest person to my heart is Swedish & I talk to him every day for hours.
- My favourite book series is by David Eddings.
- I’m an obsessive list maker
- I haven’t had a holiday in 30 years
My 5 Blog Nominations for the Liebster Award
- @ – thebeautyspyglass.com – Samantha has a really lovely beauty & lifestyle blog and her photography is just beautiful.
- @ – aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk – Aimee is a real sweetheart & blogs about things she is passionate about, I also advertise with her and she does a bang up job!
- @ – gailhenderson.wordpress.com – Gail is really lovely & friendly and she posts great reviews of beauty products. Her blog is mainly lifestyle & beauty. You can also find some fab make up tutorials for women aged 50+, which is awesome!
- @ – chelseaannebeauty.co.uk – Chelsea features beauty and lifestyle posts on her blog, from reviewing beauty products to subscription boxes.
- @ – yourseoulkey.com – Kathy is your go to for all things Kbeauty. Her ‘skin care & makeup collection is, and has been for the past 9 years, 99% K-beauty’ – so she knows her stuff!
My Questions from Heather
- #1. If you had to learn another language, what would it be and why? Swedish, so I could talk to my friend in his language.
- #2. If you were given £1000, how would you spend it? I would give each of my kids £200 each.
- #3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why? Sweden so I could first and foremost be close to my friend. Plus, they have better education, better living and you know, white chocolate to die for! lol
- #4. Would you rather – Always have to say everything on your mind OR never to be able to speak again? Always say everything on my mind.
- #5. What is your favourite food in the world? A roast lamb dinner
- #6. What is your biggest fear? Dying from cancer, as I’ve lost way too many close family members to it.
- #7. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why? A Wolf because I love that they mate for life and have such a supportive pack.
- #8. What are your top three travel destinations and why? If I could travel, my top 3 would be Sweden, Korea and Japan. Sweden because I would be able to visit (and annoy) my friend. Korea and Japan so I can buy skin care and lots of Kawaii things!
- #9. What is your favourite movie of all time? This is a toss-up between The Color Purple and The Shawshank Redemption. If pushed, I’d go with the latter.
- #10. What is your favourite beauty product that you can’t live without and why? If we’re talking any beauty product, then moisturiser because my skin is so dry. I could live without any make-up items, though.
- #11. And lastly – What inspired you to become a blogger? I wanted to have some purpose and focus in my life. Something to distract from the constant pain I am always in. The one thing I can still love and do passionately is skin care and beauty.
My Questions For YOU
- What is your most favourite thing in the world – can’t be a person or animal?
- What’s the first thing you think of in the morning?
- Name one thing that you would put on your bucket list?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What was the last book you read?
- Skin care or makeup?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- Twitter or Instagram?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
So, thank you once again to Heather for nominating me for the Liebster Award 2017. I would love to hear everyone’s answers to my questions, though, nominated or not.