(Disclaimer: This post may contain PR/Gifted products, this in no way influences my reviews, which are always 100% honest. It may also contain Affiliate Links. If you purchase something via one of those links, you won't pay any extra but I get a small commission that helps keep the lights on. Thank you!)
As many of you already know, my skin is very sensitive and dry. I’m always on the look out for new skincare that will suit my skin’s needs without causing irritation or reactions. I was very excited when Marlenha approached me about trying some of their products.
Marlenha is a ‘high-potency Italian skincare inspired by nature’s most exquisitely beautiful flowers.’ They have a range of formulas, each of which is inspired by a different flower. Combining leading edge bio-active technology with botanical ingredients to create formulas to suit every skin type. Protecting, nourishing and rejuvenating the skin.
This is Marlenha’s philosophy:-
‘Skincare that’s good for you, and our world
Passion, care and integrity are at the heart of everything we do. Every cream is formulated with the highest levels of natural and specialist actives, so only a small quantity of product is needed to deliver exceptional results.
Our products are free from:
- Parabens, paraffins and petroleum
- Synthetic colours
- Artificial antioxidants
- Ingredients of animal origin
- Our products and their ingredients are not tested on animals, and comply with the requirements of the Humane Cosmetic Standard by Cruelty Free International.’
Credit – Official Website
After taking the time to consult about my skin, Marlenha decided that their Flourish Moisturiser would possibly work well for my sensitive, dry skin. They also sent me their Beauty Box, which consists of sample sachets of their other products. These are available to order from their website for just £1.00.
Marlenha Flourish Moisturiser Rich, Hydrating and Plumping £47.00 50ml
Before I get into the actual moisturiser itself, can we just take a moment to appreciate this gorgeous packaging? It’s a lovely frosted glass jar with a silver lid, not overly fussy, just elegant and classy.
The moisturiser has a really thick, rich creamy consistency. My dry skin just drinks it up. It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin either. Easily absorbed, this cream leaves my skin feeling really soft and hydrated. I’m not talking an hours hydration either. My skin felt dewy and hydrated ALL day long. I could feel my cheek during the late afternoon and I could still feel how really hydrated and plump my skin was.
Let me also tell you, this cream smells AMAZING! Every time I use this cream, I end up inhaling its delicious scent before and after applying it. It’s a very soft, light scent and reminded me of vanilla cupcake frosting. I was expecting something very floral given its botanical ingredients but I didn’t find that at all.
Maybe that’s just me but nonetheless, it has such a beautiful scent and is easily one of the best smelling moisturisers I have used to date.
There was nothing in the formula of the Flourish Moisturiser that even remotely irritated my skin either. When I say I have sensitive skin, I am not talking just your average sensitive skin either.
Due to my illnesses, I take a boat load of medication, over 30 tablets a day and that means my skin can and does react easily. Along with that, I also have chronic Urticaria that can be triggered by contact, pressure and allergic reactions to cosmetics and skincare ingredients.
Here is a list of the Flourish Moisturisers Active ingredients:-
- Soy protein (collagen boost): stimulates the production of collagen
- Hyaluronic acids: delivers vital hydration, plumping and moisturising
- Octapeptide (listed as Acetyl octapeptide-3): anti-wrinkle, anti-ageing. Reduces the depth of wrinkles.
- Vitamin E: antioxidant that protects and repairs skin
- DN-Age: prevents the visible signs of DNA photo-ageing
- Lipomoist: a molecular film which is easily absorbed into the skin, many benefits including immediate and long-term hydration
It also has numerous beneficial oils and extracts too:
- Cactus fruit extract: softening and hydrating with anti-inflammatory properties
- Rice Bran Oil: a particularly softening and nourishing oil
- Organic olive oil: optimal hydration and nourishment, with soothing, protecting and repairing properties; fights the signs of skin ageing
- Wild Rose: astringent, toning and balancing
- Rose Hip Oil: it contains vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids that correct dark spots and hydrate dry
- Jojoba Oil: Highly penetrative and very protective, Jojoba oil has excellent softening and moisturising properties
I’m glad to say that I had no reaction, no irritation or sensitivity to any of the ingredients. So, I am pretty sure that others with sensitive skin would find this great too.
To maintain youthful, dewy, plump looking skin, you need to make sure your skin remains hydrated. The Flourish Moisturiser certainly provides, long lasting hydration to last the whole day through.
With ingredients like the Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Prickly Cactus Pear, collagen boosting soy proteins, hyaluronic acid and wrinkle smoothing octapeptide, you will find it also targets the signs of ageing too.
If you have dry or dehydrated skin that never feels plump or fully hydrated, I really cannot recommend this moisturiser enough.
I’d even go as far as to say, for people with less dry skins, this would make a fantastic night cream during the cooler months when the skin requires more moisture.
Where Can I Purchase Marlenha Products?
If you wish to purchase this, or any other of the Marlenha products, then you can do so via their website:-