Summer is very definitely coming to an end and we are quickly heading into Autumn. This means we can take advantage of all those gorgeous Autumnal shades that are available in a range of makeup products. We should also be thinking about switching up our skincare to allow for more hydration and nourishment. So, with that said, I have compiled a list of some of the best affordable and essential beauty items for this Autumn.
Disclaimer: I purchased all the products featured in this post apart from those by Pixi and Image Skincare, which were sent to me as PR samples with no obligation to post.
Affordable Make Up Products
1. The first beauty item on my list is the Relove by Revolution H2O Hydrate Primer rrp £4.00. This primer is perfect for dry skin as it’s infused with Hyaluronic Acid. So, it should keep your skin nice and hydrated throughout the day. There are 3 other primers in this range if you have a different skin type or prefer a matte finish.
2. The second item I have for you is the Relove by Revolution Super Serum Foundation 25ml rrp £5.00. This foundation is a buildable, medium coverage with Hyaluronic Acid. You can use just a few drops for a more natural, sheer coverage. But you can use more if you want more coverage. It’s available in 15 shades and is adaptable to most skin tones.
3. The third beauty product on my list is this gorgeous Relove by Revolution Colour Play Blushed Duo in ‘Kindness‘ rrp £3.00. This is one of 5 blush & highlight duos. So, you are bound to find the perfect shades for your skin tone. The formula is a creamy powder and has a good colour pay-off. You can also use a good-sized blusher brush thanks to the pan size.
4. If you have dry skin, more mature skin or you just prefer a cream blush, then there are these Pixi On-the-Glow Blush sticks rrp £18.00. These are available in 3 shades and they contain Ginseng, Aloe Vera and a unique mix of Fruit Extracts. It means that these beautifully tinted balms will not only provide natural colour, they will also hydrate and condition your skin too. Not to mention that you can also use them as a tinted lip balm. I absolutely love using these cream blush sticks!
5. If you love your highlighters then I highly recommend the Relove by Revolution Super Highlighter in ‘Champagne‘ rrp £3.00. It was hard to capture the sheer beauty of this highlighter but it is stunning! It’s 1 of a range of 8 highlighters and has shades suitable for all skin types. It gives such a beautiful highlight.
Brow, Eyeliner and Mascara Products
6. We all know how important brows are for framing the face, so my next pick is the Relove by Revolution Blade Brow Pencil in ‘Brown‘ rrp £2.50. This brow pencil is a dual end product that comes with a micro angled tip on one end. This allows you to create defined brows with precision. The other end has a spoolie to help you shape your brow hairs and blend the product. It’s also available in Dark Brown and Granite.
7. Of course I also had to pick another brow product because we need to set those perfect brows. That’s where the Relove by Revolution Glossy Fix Clear Brow Gel & Mascara rrp £3.00 comes in. You can lift and set your brows in place with the Brow Gel. The clear mascara will keep your lashes healthy and give your lashes that glossy finish. It’s quickly become one of my favourite products to use.
8. If you want a good, affordable eyeliner then I have the Relove by Revolution Dip Eyeliner in ‘Black‘ or ‘White‘ rrp £2.50. These eyeliners are perfect for creating a cat-eye and they don’t budge once applied. I find they are also easier to use because they have a long handle.
9. My 9th pick is the Relove by Revolution Power Lash Volume Mascara rrp £3.00. My eyes are fairly sensitive when it comes to mascaras. This mascara is the blackest of blacks and really gives lift and volume to the lashes. It’s a mascara I reach for regularly.
10. These Relove by Revolution Colour Play Eyeshadow Palettes rrp £3.00 are just so affordable and really pigmented too. There are 12 different palettes, each one has 6 shades combining stunning shimmers and wearable, pigmented mattes. I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic these palettes are and the price point is just amazing! But I was that impressed I bought all 12 of them! There are only photos of 9 of them though as my daughter took the other 3 palettes on holiday and of course, she hasn’t given me back yet!
11. Now onto lip products and in particular the Relove by Revolution Baby Gloss Lip Glosses rrp £3.00. These are just perfect for keeping your lips nicely hydrated and soft. They also give a high-shine glossy finish to your lips without being sticky.
Plus there are 8 shades to choose from including:
- Wonder – a deep brown tone
- Sweet – a deep rose tone
- Super – a warm berry tone
- Sugar – a Pink toned brown
- Glam – a muted pink tone
- Dream – a clear gloss
- Cream – a light nutty brown tone
- Babe – a rose red tone
12. My other pick for a lip product is the Relove by Revolution Glam Balm Lip Balm in ‘Fresh Burst Watermelon‘ rrp £3.00. I adore this lip balm, it smells amazing and if you happen to get it in your mouth it doesn’t taste bad. These lip balms are also infused with the fruit they are scented with. Your lips will feel soft and nourished after using these.
They come in 5 different scents:
- Tropic Baby Pineapple
- So Berry
- Pretty Peach
- Fresh Burst Watermelon
- Coco Nutty Coconut
Essential Beauty Items
13. I only picked a couple of skincare items as I wanted to focus more on makeup. First up is the Vital C Hydrating Recovery Eye Gel by Image Skincare. This is such a fantastic eye gel and well worth the price tag of £54.
It’s amazing if you want to target the following:
- Dry, dehydrated and tired eyes
- Fine lines
Its key ingredients help to hydrate and reduce fine lines and puffiness. You can even chill it and use it as an eye mask. The cooling gel feels so refreshing, especially in the morning.
14. The second skincare product I chose is the Vital C Hydrating Mist also by Image Skincare. If you like to mist during the day for that extra shot of hydration or just to freshen up, then this mist is perfect. It’s suitable for all skin types and can be used before applying makeup too. It has a lovely citrus scent and you just feel so refreshed after using it. It also provides antioxidant protection. As I’m dealing with hot flashes now, this mist has been invaluable! It really helps to cool me down and get me through them, plus my skin always feels lovely and hydrated after. So it’s most definitely an essential beauty product for me right now.
15. Reluctant to say goodbye to Summer? Then try this fragrance ‘Summer Sun‘ from Next. It’s available in 30 ml rrp £8 and 100ml rrp £14 and is an Eau de Parfum. It has a fruity, rich scent and I could describe it as summer in a bottle. I love Next fragrances, they smell absolutely lovely, are pretty long-lasting and the prices are just really affordable. I have about 5 or 6 and all of them smell so good! Due to its fruity scent, it’s just a great choice to use heading into Autumn.
So there you have my picks for 15 of the most affordable makeup products and essential beauty products as we transition into Autumn. The whole Relove range by Revolution beauty is priced at £5.00 or under, which is amazing. They are also Vegan too.