A no bake cheesecake is really easy to make because it doesn’t require making a crust or worrying about the oven temperature. All you need is a springform pan or just a plate! They are a wonderful dessert to make during the hot summer months. The only ingredients you need are soft cream cheese, double cream OR extra thick double cream, icing sugar, digestive biscuits, butter and a topping of your choice. This really easy 6 ingredient no bake cheesecake is practically foolproof and your friends will be asking for the recipe!
Before we get to the recipe, do you have an electric handheld mixer?
A hand mixer is a really good thing to have in your kitchen. It will help you mix things much more quickly than if you used a whisk or spoon. And it won’t make as much of a mess as if you were to use a blender for the same task.
Owning an electric handheld mixer can be very beneficial for many reasons. First, they are really easy to use and clean up, so they won’t take up too much of your time and energy. Second, they’re small and lightweight. So, it means that it’s really easy to store them away when you don’t need them. Or take them with you on vacation or anywhere else that doesn’t have enough space for something bigger. Finally, these mixers are great because they come with multiple attachments which allow them to be pretty versatile.
Elegear 400W Hand Mixer
Elegear kindly sent me their Elegear 400W Hand Mixer to review. It is what was used to make the filling for this cheesecake. The hand mixer has the following features:
- 5-Speed Selection
- Electric Hand Whisk with Turbo Boost and Eject Button
- Lightweight and Easy to Storage
- 2 Stainless Steel Beaters and Dough Hooks
- [Energy Class A++]
Great Features & Easy To Use
What I love about this Elegear hand mixer is that it also has a smooth start feature. This was particularly great for this recipe when mixing the icing sugar into the wet ingredients. I’m sure we all know how something as powdery as icing sugar can fly everywhere when mixing ingredients. So having something like the smooth start feature on this hand mixer just creates far less splash and mess. There’s also a snap-on storage bracket which makes it easy to store and less chance of the attachments getting lost.
Both the dough hooks and whisk attachments are made of durable 304 stainless steel. This means these attachments have a longer service life than those made of other materials.
I really like the slim design and the fact that it is so lightweight. It makes using this handheld mixer very easy as some of them can be bulky and quite heavy. As you can see from the short video clip, it mixes ingredients with ease and creates very little, if any mess when using it. It works perfectly for whipping up the double cream, soft cream cheese and icing sugar that are used for the filling in this no bake cheesecake recipe.
So, if you don’t own an electric handheld mixer, I really recommend this Elegear one. You can grab this Elegear handheld electric mixer for just £25.99 on Amazon PLUS I also have a discount code too, which will give you 15% OFF!
15% OFF using Code: OV66GK53 Valid till 31 December 2021
The Easy 6 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
Now onto the all-important recipe! Trust me when I say that anyone that has tried this cheesecake has asked me for the recipe. My son’s girlfriend’s dad adores cheesecake and said it was the best cheesecake he has ever had. They’re always eating out at restaurants, so it was a BIG compliment! I almost can’t believe that it’s so easy to make when it tastes amazing!
Easy 6 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
- Elecrtric HandheldMixer/ Whisk
- Springform tin or Plate
- 12 Digestive Biscuits Crushed
- 4 oz Butter Melted
- 300 ml Double Cream or Extra Thick Double Cream
- 300 gm Soft Cheese
- 6 oz Icing Sugar sifted
- Fresh fruit / Tinned Pie Filling
- Add the melted butter to the crushed digestive biscuits and mix thoroughly12 Digestive Biscuits, 4 oz Butter
- Once mixed press the biscuit base mix into a springform tin, or onto a plate and chill in fridge whilst preparing the filling
- Add the soft cheese, double cream into a bowl and sift in the icing sugar.300 ml Double Cream or Extra Thick Double Cream, 6 oz Icing Sugar, 300 gm Soft Cheese
- Using an electric handheld mixer/whisk, start off slow and mix all the ingredients together until the mixture is thick and spoonable.
- Once the base is chilled, spoon the filling onto the biscuit base and return to fridge to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Before serving decorate with fresh fruit or any topping of your choice.Fresh fruit / Tinned Pie Filling
If you fancy something slightly different from your normal cheesecake, why not try making a deconstructed cheesecake in sundae glasses. These make a really quick and easy alternative to the cheesecake and are even quicker to make. Just layer the crushed biscuit, filling and fresh fruit and decorate with fruit and more crushed biscuits.